These Vegan Chocolate Yogurt Muffins are packed full of chocolatey goodness, moisture from yogurt, no added oil and are rich and decadent. They are super fluffy, gluten-free and made in one bowl!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE YOGURT MUFFINS
These vegan chocolate yogurt muffins turned out to be some of the best muffins I’ve ever had. They are SO rich and moist, you’d never know they had no oil or butter in them!
Using a dairy-free yogurt gave them some serious moisture, fluff and richness.
Full amounts listed on the recipe card below. Only 9 main ingredients needed!
- Superfine oat flour
- Tapioca starch
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking soda and salt
- Dairy-free plain unsweetened yogurt
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Pure maple syrup or agave
- Vanilla extract
- Dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE YOGURT MUFFINS
Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
Divide the batter into 12 liners in a muffin pan.
Top with extra chocolate chips if desired!
Bake 20-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Look at how fluffy these babies rise! Hard to believe they are gluten-free and no eggs!
Cool 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to cool another 20 minutes minimum on a cooling rack. This allows the muffins to continue to finish cooking and firm up. Cooling these is necessary since they are gluten-free.
I mean, come on, would you just look at that inside texture?! Moist, chocolatey, fluffy, decadent and addicting! Try these vegan chocolate muffins out and leave feedback below!
MORE VEGAN MUFFIN RECIPES
- Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- The Best Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Gluten-free Cornbread Muffins
- Vegan Chai Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Bakery Style Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins
Vegan Chocolate Yogurt Muffins
- 1 cup + 6 tablespoons (176g) superfine oat flour Use certified gluten-free if needed
- 4 tablespoons (32g) tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (36g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, not powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (160g) pure maple syrup or agave
- 6 tablespoons (90) dairy-free unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (150g) water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (160g) semi-sweet dairy-free chocolate chips
- Always highly recommend to use a scale for accuracy when baking, following MY gram weights listed. You never need cups to compare, just the scale and bowl, making sure to hit zero before each addition. This will ensure much more accurate results than cups, since we all measure differently.
- I use this scale.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with 12 nonstick parchment paper liners.
- To a large bowl, add the oat flour, starch, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and whisk well to ensure there are no lumps and well mixed.
- To the same bowl, add the syrup, yogurt, applesauce, water, vanilla and chocolate chips and gently stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter into each muffin liner. I like to use an ice cream scoop for the perfect amount and dome tops.
- Top with extra chocolate chips if desired!
- Bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out completely clean in the center of a muffin. Tip: Don't confuse the wet chocolate chips from the wet batter.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to cool another 15 minutes on a cooling rack. This allows the muffins to continue to finish cooking and firm up. Trying to eat them too early will cause the muffins to crumble. Cooling these is necessary since they are gluten-free.
The Vegan 8 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy here.
Comment and Rate This Recipe