BARBECUE POTATO SALAD
Easy to make, full of barbecue sauce, crunchy celery, this is the most delicious twist on a traditional potato salad. I was so amazed by how delicious it was. I literally could eat this everyday.
Instead of the typical egg and mayo tangy type of potato salad always served during the summer and parties, the idea of a barbecue flavored potato salad got me quite excited. This idea came to me after so many of you guys have straight up flipped over the deliciousness of my homemade barbecue sauce from my Smoky Barbecue Sweet Potato Chickpea Burgers.
I wanted to make it the star of another dish and a potato salad was the perfect way.
The entire recipe is just 8 ingredients (+salt!) It’s also perfect for anybody with allergies because it is dairy-free, oil-free and nut-free. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this vegan barbecue potato salad! Drop me a line below please after you make them!
Barbecue Potato Salad
- 1 cup tomato puree/sauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegan worcestershire sauce (can find at Whole Foods)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 7 medium gold potatoes chopped into chunks 1/2 inch each (990 g, you'll need about 6 heaping cups)
- 3/4 cup of above barbecue sauce
- 1 cup (112g) chopped raw celery
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- salt and pepper to season the potatoes
- First, make your barbecue sauce by combining all the ingredients and whisking until smooth. Place in the fridge to chill while you prepare the potatoes.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Chop your potatoes and spread out evenly on the pan. Season well with salt and pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until very golden brown.
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop your celery or carrot. Get your corn ready as well. I just thawed some frozen corn.
- When the potatoes are done, let them cool a few minutes and then add them to a large bowl. Add the chopped celery/carrot and corn and the barbecue sauce using only 3/4 cup of the sauce (or use as much as you want). Toss everything together until evenly coated. Place to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until ready to serve. This can be prepared the day before as well.
- I chopped up some of the celery leaves for garnish right before serving. Enjoy!