Ok, today I'm sharing with you what I consider to be the perfect cookie texture. Crispy exterior, with a moist and chewy center. Chocolate Chip cookies are my favorite kind of cookie, making vegan cookies is fairly simple. These Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are a huge, huge reader fave. I absolutely love these though, because I love the extra crispy factor. These are the perfect cookie base to add in anything you like....nuts, dried fruit, obviously chocolate chips, and in today's case, lots of candied ginger. Since it's the holidays, here comes ginger overload. These are seriously some of the best cookies I've ever had in my entire life. I LOVE GINGER. But if you don't, simply omit and use any other dried fruit or nuts. Dried cranberries and cherries would be excellent! The base recipe for these chocolate chip cookies is just 6 ingredients (+salt) and any optional add-ins.
Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are vegan, gluten-free and oil-free, yet you would never know based on the taste, that they are healthified. They truly are the Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Did I mention that these cookies are just 6 ingredients???
I know it's been over a week since I posted a new recipe, but Thanksgiving really wiped me out! I was on my feet for 2 days prepping and cooking, so I just really needed some relaxation time with my family. Before I get to this recipe, first I just have to extend my gratitude to all of you guys. So many of you blessed me by making several of my recipes to be on your Thanksgiving tables with your families. I was truly honored and overwhelmed by all the pictures and comments you shared on here, Facebook and on my Instagram tag #thevegan8. So, to recap, here is what was most popular on your Thanksgiving tables:
- Life Changing Pancakes A couple of you started the Thanksgiving day off right with these....really everyday should be started off with these I think. The fluffiest, most luscious pancakes ever. With 17,000 pins on Pinterest in just over 2 months, they are indeed "life changing"!
- Cinnamon Roll Spice Oatmeal Another day starter that has consistently been a big hit, Thanksgiving day, no exception.
- Fluffy Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and Thyme Cabernet gravy. You all declared both as the best you've ever had and that just made me beam!
- Caramel Crusted Pumpkin Loaf was a gigantic hit too with everybody and I loved how everybody said it turned out just perfect.
- Magic Skillet Cornbread You loved the fact that it was buttery, without any butter at all, thanks to magical pecans.
- Apple Cinnamon Pecan Crisp You all loved how this made your house smell so good, the ease of the recipe and of course, the taste. This crisp is made without any oil, yet it is full of flavors and a perfect, crunchy topping.
- Almond Butter Ice Cream If you haven't made this yet, get to it!
- Cinnamon Ice Cream I personally made this for my family and it was a raging success!! Seriously, creamy, sweet and bursting with cinnamon flavor.
Like I said, I wanted to provide you with easy 8 ingredient recipes, knowing how stressful the holiday cooking can be, so I am glad my recipes helped you all out so much. If you didn't get to make any of these, well then Christmas is here soon enough! So, I am back with some delicious recipes to come this month, starting out with these uh-mazing cookies.
The Perfect Cookie Texture
A perfect cookie to me should entail all of these qualities: Slightly crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, moist, sweet and have chocolate chips. These cookies contain all of that and more. They are bursting with the spice of ginger, which just so happens to be one of my favorite spices (cinnamon is my #1 favorite) and studded with chocolate chips. Chocolate and ginger are an amazing combo.
These have a nice spicy kick, thanks to both powdered ginger and crystallized ginger. However, they are not too spicy, as my 3 year old daughter had no complaints and was still happily eating them. The crystallized ginger adds another layer of flavor and texture to the cookies that you just don't get from powdered ginger alone. The combo of both makes for one incredible ginger-infused cookie!
I love crystallized ginger. The combo of sweet and spicy is such a winning combo. Adding chopped up pieces into the cookies makes them extra chewy. Just check out that melted chocolate and chewy ginger inside. Yummm.
These ginger chocolate chip cookies are pretty amazing, as they are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and grain-free. They take about 10 minutes prep, 1 bowl and about 12 minutes in the oven and boom, amazing cookies.
As always, I love it when you leave your feedback below on my recipes! So, please let me know what you think of these Perfect Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies after you make them, come leave me your feedback and STAR rate the recipe below! I love to keep permanent track of my recipe comments, so having them here on the blog is the best way, so it’s much appreciated. You can also tag me on Instagram @thevegan8 and don’t forget my hashtag #thevegan8, so I don’t miss it!
I have a ton of Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies on the blog, check these out!
- Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oat-free Classic Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies....aka, rated BEST chocolate chip cookies by readers!
- Pecan Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies....not gluten-free, but I'm sure an all-purpose gluten-free blend like King Arthur flour would work well, it's the only blend I've liked and had success with.
- Cinnamon Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Molasses Cookies