Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce in 5 minutes and the flavor is so much better than store-bought! It’s healthy, oil-free and just 7 ingredients!
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
You’ll never need to buy jarred pizza sauce again. Like everrrrr.
This Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce really gives you no excuses. I’m so not kidding when I tell you I am addicted to this stuff. Why? It takes 5 minutes to make, 8 basic ingredients, super healthy and downright delicious. It is also oil-free. Score.
Now, here’s the thing. It only takes 5 minutes to make, and while you can heat it up or use it right away, I highly suggest making it the day before you want to use it because letting it sit overnight takes it to another level! The spices and herbs really marry together and it’s just GOOD.
Gorgeous and delicious.
I went really simple with my pizza. I pre-baked some bell peppers for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then I added the sauce, the cooked bell peppers and fresh curly kale to the pizza. Baked for another 10-15 minutes. You can use any pizza crust you like. I used Bob’s Red Mill GF Pizza Crust here because I had to use up the rest of the bag, but my favorite is my Potato Pizza Crust.
This goes good on pasta, obviously pizza, and even potatoes. Yes, try it. But my favorite way and currently, obsession, is an avocado toast party. Or, pizza toast. Holy moly. If you haven’t tried avocado toast, you are seriously missing out.
To make the pizza style toast, do this. Mashed avocado. Smoked paprika. Black pepper. Salt. Red pepper flakes. Pizza Sauce. TRY IT. Thank me later.
OTHER OIL-FREE SAUCE RECIPES TO TRY:
- Oil-free Romesco Sauce
- Vegan Pimento Cream Sauce
- Vegan Red Pepper Curry Sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Best Vegan Garlic Alfredo Sauce
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups (480g) plain tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon (20g) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, but so good)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. This is important so that the dried herbs are pureed throughout the sauce well for full flavor.
- If using as a pizza sauce, just add it to your pizza crust of choice, add the toppings, and bake. If serving over pasta (my favorite use) simply warm it on the stove first just until heated through. Since the sauce is oil-free and made from pureed tomatoes, it will thicken up a lot in the fridge, so be sure to reheat in the microwave or over low heat on the stove to bring it back to a sauce consistency.
- This sauce will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge or the freezer for 3 months. Thaw and reheat over low heat on the stove to use again.