Would you believe that fudge can be insanely delicious without butter or oil? Well, it can and it is. 3 ingredient fudge, in fact. What is fudge? It is a very rich, sweet indulgence. That is why they are cut into such small pieces, because you only need a little bite at a time.
3 ingredient vegan chocolate oil-free fudge. Don't those words just make you happy?
I've yet to see any fudge recipe that doesn't have butter, oil or vegan butters or coconut oil. I have even seen banana fudge and avocado fudge. I'm not a fan of banana fudge. I don't want chocolate fudge to taste like banana....I want fudge to taste like chocolate fudge. I also don't want insane amounts of oil in my fudge. I wanted a recipe that was oil-free, butter-free, gluten-free, nut-free and EASY! Simply, because I have several readers who request nut-free recipes. This literally takes 5 minutes to prep and is insanely delicious.
The fudge is insane as is, but to send your eyes in the back of your head, I sprinkled sea salt on top before it set, and it made it so freaking addicting. I was just dying! Something about the saltiness with chocolate that makes it crazy good.
I used homemade coconut butter, but store bought is totally fine. The coconut butter gives a rich, creamy texture and has a natural sweetness to it that works awesome. It is incredibly easy to make it homemade. I buy Bob's Red Mill Macaroon coconut and let it run in my food processor about 5 minutes and voila, coconut butter! Make sure that you know if you choose to make your own, that climate can affect it from turning into butter.
Feel free to use your favorite chocolate chips, but I used Enjoy Life brand here because there are only 3 ingredients with no additives or preservatives. They only have chocolate liquor, evaporated cane juice and cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is awesome and lends the to the rich chocolate flavor and helps to firm up the fudge.
This fudge also can sit at room temperature without melting....which makes it perfect for a party, so it doesn't have to remain in the fridge!
So, to recap....easy, oil-free, butter/margarine-free, nut-free and gluten-free!! A winner!
Leave me feedback below after you make this 3 Ingredient Oil-Free Fudge! I love to hear from you all!
- 1 heaped cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (195g)
- ½ cup solidified coconut butter, room temperature (not coconut oil!)
- 1 teaspoon Madagascar bourbon vanilla
- optional: sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Note: Feel free to add in nuts if you like. I made some plain for my daughter and some with chopped almonds because my hubby loves almonds. Also, make sure to measure correctly. If you add too much coconut butter, it can make the fudge get too soft at room temperature. I let my fudge sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to really harden and then removed it to get back to room temperature. It became the perfect soft, yet firm, fudge texture. I recommend preparing it the day before if you are making it for a party, chill in the fridge, then remove it 30 minutes or so before the party to soften. Depending on the humidity in your area, time may vary on it softening.
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with clear plastic wrap. I don’t like parchment paper because it is kind of stiff to use for fudge. Just lightly spray the pan before placing the plastic wrap in the pan, so it sticks to the sides. Set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips to a double boiler over the stove or use the microwave. If using the microwave, use a large mug or a small bowl and heat it for 30 seconds, stir and then 15 second intervals until it is about 90% melted, stirring after each time. You don’t want to burn the chocolate. Stir the chocolate quickly until it is melted and smooth. Scoop out your coconut butter and stir into the melted chocolate. (This recipe uses solidified (not melted) coconut butter.) Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour in the prepared pan and sprinkle with sea salt or any nuts if you wish. Place in the fridge to set and harden for a couple of hours. Once it’s set you can remove it from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (your climate may require longer) and it will become the perfect soft fudge texture. You can leave it at room temperature. I prefer it at room temperature because it’s the perfect fudge texture. If you store it in the fridge, remove it to set out and soften. Note: Depending on your climate, the fudge may get too soft if left out too long at room temperature, because the coconut butter will soften.