This is an incredibly delicious, healthy and colorful breakfast! It is patriotic themed, but of course you don't need the holiday to eat it. You just need your chompers and a spoon and you will be in parfait heaven.
It is hearty. It is filling. It is addictive. Trust me....just go make it.
Layered between whipped coconut cream makes it feel like a dessert. I put the filling in really tall glasses, so this is definitely a wonderfully, filling breakfast....or seriously, a dessert.
I had so much fun doing this food photo shoot. I think the fact that my favorite color red was bursting everywhere got me kind of excited. I got the idea for this after seeing these adorable little flags at my grocery store.
I cut the tips off of some strawberries to insert the little flags in and make them festive. My daughter got a kick out of this photo shoot and was in love with the flags.
I'm telling you, this is the perfect parfait. Here is why:
Coconut whipped cream
Then, repeat. Garnish on top with a cut tip (flipped over) of a strawberry, to insert the flag in (optional) which is really fun and festive for the kiddos....or um, the adults! I completed it with a good sprinkling of cinnamon and extra pecans around the ring of the glass.
Don't you think it's more fun to eat festive recipes?? Is it just me? When they are so pretty, it is even more tasty and fun to eat. These 4th of July Granola Parfaits will wow your guests and friends. My parents flipped over them!
Yield: About 6 total cups of parfait (equivalent to 3 tall glasses or 4 smaller ones)
Serving Size: 1 cup
8 ingredients is all you need to make these incredibly, delicious and beautiful parfaits. You will feel like you are eating dessert, thanks to the sweet cinnamon granola and rich, fruity berries layered between coconut cream. These are so good, both kids and adults will love them.
5 Ingredient Cinnamon Granola
2 cups old fashioned gluten-free oats
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans (plus extra for garnish, if desired)
1/2 cup syrup
1/4 cup almond butter
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
2 13.5 cans of full fat canned coconut cream (placed in fridge overnight, I highly recommend Thai Kitchen as it is always thick and creamy and works best)
For the coconut cream, I chose to whip mine so it was extra fluffy and had volume in the parfaits. You can follow my tutorial here. You can skip this step and just scoop the thickened cream from the top of the can instead, if you rather. However, I did find by whipping it, I was able to fill up my glasses more. Also, I didn't add any sweetener, as the cinnamon and berries were plenty sweet and I wanted to keep it healthy.
1. Make sure your cans of coconut milk are the full fat kind and have sat in the fridge overnight, so the cream will have separated at the top of the can. Once that has been done, get ready to prepare your granola. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and preheat an oven to 325 degrees.
2. Add the oats, cinnamon and chopped pecans to a medium bowl and stir well. In a separate cup, combine the syrup and almond butter. Add to the dry ingredients and stir really well with a spoon until it all comes together and is sticky.
3. Spread out onto the prepared pan evenly, about 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan, stir around the granola well so it can cook evenly. Place back in the oven for about 10 more minutes until very golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes to crisp up.
4. Meanwhile, remove your coconut milk cans from the fridge. Carefully scoop out only the cream out of each can and add it to a large bowl. Once you get to the water, stop scooping. You should get about 1 1/2 cups of coconut cream. Whip the cream on high with an electric hand mixer for 5-10 minutes, or until lighter and fluffier. I did not add any sweetener. I found the subtle, nuetral cream was the perfect backdrop to the sweet berries and granola.
5. Begin to layer your serving glasses. Start by layering the granola on the bottom, followed by a couple of spoonfuls of the coconut cream (either whipped or straight from the can), blueberries and raspberries. Repeat. Top with one more dollop of the cream and a strawberry tip (optional), sprinkled cinnamon and extra pecans. If wanting to decorate it as I have, just insert a flag into the strawberry tip. Keep in mind, the layering may vary depending on the size glasses you use. It will be delicious no matter what! These will keep fresh in the fridge up to 2 days.
All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by The Vegan 8.
I hope you enjoy these beauties and come back and leave me feedback after you make them. You can also tag me on Instagram with hashtag #thevegan8 and using @thevegan8. I love to see your pictures every week!
Hi! I'm Brandi, a wife and mom behind this blog who healed her husband's gout through a plant-based diet. I'm not fancy, I keep things simple. I'm obsessed with cinnamon, chocolate and potatoes! All my recipes are 8 ingredients or less, not including salt, pepper and water. They are allergy-friendly, as they are all vegan, oil-free and nearly all are gluten-free.