Allow me to introduce to you pure yumminess. Roasted pecan butter. I find this much tastier than almond butter and it’s also a lot easier to make. Almond butter requires a really long time in the food processor…like 15 minutes. A lot of people can’t make it because their food processor isn’t powerful enough. Problem solved….pecan butter.
This is so creamy and delicious that oil isn’t even needed, it is an oil-free nut butter!
Served any way you see fit. I personally liked it on top of my Life Changing Pancakes. You could put it on toast, ice cream, cake…whatever! But they are the absolute secret and star in my Pecan Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
It only requires just 1 ingredient, obviously pecans! You can add salt it you like, but it’s not necessary. Roast them and blend in your food processor to end up with the silkiest, dreamiest nut butter you’ve ever tasted.
Roasted Pecan Butter
- 3 heaping cups raw pecan halves
- Preheat an oven to 300°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread out pecans on the pan evenly, making sure not to overlap them. Use 2 sheets if necessary. Bake for 12 minutes, just until starting to smell strong. Be careful not to over bake because they quickly can turn from done to burnt.
- Remove them from the oven and add to a food processor. Process for a full minute. Scrape down the sides and process again for another few minutes or so until very smooth and creamy.
- Just make sure not to stop before it reaches the very velvety smooth consistency, like in the photo. It will be smoother than almond butter and very much like a liquid.