How to make Roasted Pecan Butter. Homemade oil-free pecan butter made with just pecans. Creamy, buttery, slightly sweet and made in a food processor. Easy and delicious for desserts, pancakes or breakfast.
Allow me to introduce to you pure yumminess. Roasted pecan butter. I find this much tastier than almond butter and it’s also a lot easier to make. Almond butter requires a really long time in the food processor…like 15 minutes. A lot of people can’t make it because their food processor isn’t powerful enough. Problem solved….pecan butter.
This is so creamy and delicious that oil isn’t even needed, it is an oil-free nut butter!
Served any way you see fit. I personally liked it on top of my Sweet Potato Pancakes. You could put it on toast, ice cream, cake…whatever! But they are the absolute secret and star in my Pecan Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! You can even make cookie cake with it!
It only requires just 1 ingredient, obviously pecans! You can add salt it you like, but it’s not necessary. Roast them and blend in your food processor to end up with the silkiest, dreamiest nut butter you’ve ever tasted.
MORE NUT BUTTERS TO MAKE
- Walnut Butter
- Roasted Almond Butter
- Cashew Butter
- Hazelnut Butter
- Sunflower Seed Butter
- Cinnamon Ginger Almond Butter
- Coconut Butter
How to Make Roasted Pecan Butter
- 3 heaping cups raw pecan halves
- Preheat an oven to 300°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread out pecans on the pan evenly, making sure not to overlap them. Use 2 sheets if necessary. Bake for 12 minutes, just until starting to smell strong. Be careful not to over bake because they quickly can turn from done to burnt.
- Remove them from the oven and add to a food processor. Process for a full minute. Scrape down the sides and process again for another few minutes or so until very smooth and creamy.
- Just make sure not to stop before it reaches the very velvety smooth consistency, like in the photo. It will be smoother than almond butter and very much like a liquid.
The Vegan 8 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy here.