Well, it’s Monday and I’m back with another new recipe! You may have noticed the last post was on Monday, instead of the usual Wednesday/Saturday posts. If you missed that Vegan Chocolate Cherry Mousse, get to it. By the way, I’ve started a new posting schedule here for the blog. Every Monday and Thursday will be shiny new emails from yours truly. Excited? You should be. I sure am. Lots of exciting things coming this year from the blog!
So, with that announcement, I have a really perfect recipe for you today that is just screaming summer. A lime whipped cream and blueberry granola parfait. This is super healthy and can be made for breakfast or a midday snack. When it’s as hot as it is currently here in Texas, I start craving citrus. So, when Sunwarrior contacted me to create a recipe for them and I got the chance to select which product I wanted to use, I chose their “Supergreens”. I loved that it didn’t have any sweetener in it and that it was literally green.
That got my mind spinning to create something green and citrusy. Lots of fresh lime juice and lime zest. I have never had a whipped cream like this one. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but oh my, it was incredible with the contrast of the sweet, crunchy granola. This granola is nut-free and just about as simple of a granola you can make too.
I chose to create a ridiculously, easy granola for this parfait, to really let the lime whipped cream stand out. This vegan sunbutter molasses granola is perfectly sweetened, nut-free, dairy-free, oil-free and forms nice, beautiful clumps.
You only need 8 total ingredients to make these amazing granola parfaits. Only 7 if you omit the supergreens, but they do give a nice dose of healthy greens and a beautiful color to the whipped cream.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of these parfaits! Be sure to tag me on Instagram with a photo using my hashtag #thevegan8, otherwise I will likely miss it. I seriously love seeing your awesome photos of my recipes and recreations!
Lime Whipped Cream and Blueberry Granola Parfaits
LIME WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup coconut cream from 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight (I use Thai brand because the cream is always thick) chilled overnight (I use Thai brand because the cream is always thick)
- 2 tablespoons (40g) pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice plus zest of 1 lime
- 1 5 gram packet of Sunwarrior unflavored Supergreens (this gives the green hue, but you can omit this altogether if you are unable to use the product)
- good pinch of salt
- 1 cup blueberries
SUNBUTTER MOLASSES GRANOLA
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional, but recommended!)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (100g) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (64g) sunbutter (or use almond butter if you don't need it nut-free)
- 1 tablespoon (20g) unsulphured molasses
- First, you will need to make sure your coconut milk has chilled overnight so it is well thickened so it can be whipped into cream. I like to chill my can 1-2 days to really get it thick. Scoop out only the thickened cream and you should get 1 cup. Add to a bowl and whip for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the syrup, lime juice, lime zest, Sunwarrior Supergreens (if using) and salt and whip again a few minutes. Place in the fridge to thicken some while you make the granola.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- For the granola, add the oats, salt and cinnamon (if using) and stir until mixed well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the syrup, sunbutter and molasses and stir until completely smooth. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir everything together until it all becomes wet and sticky.
- Spread the granola out evenly and flat over the pan. Bake on the bottom rack for 15 minutes. Remove and stir the granola around from underneath the bottom so it can cook evenly. Place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes until nice and golden, watching closely so the edges don't burn. Remove and let cool for 10-15 minutes to crisp up.
- To make your parfaits, simply add the chilled coconut cream, granola, blueberries alternating layers. I also added some extra lime zest for extra citrus flavor. Enjoy right away!